Garmin Zumo XT sat nav review 2020 – when Garmin announced the launch of their new 5.5″ display Zumo XT we were quite rightly a little bit too excited. Any long distance rider will appreciate the benefits of a good motorcycle sat nav and they don’t come much better than a Garmin in our opinion. So the arrival of the latest model from Garmin with some awesome updates instantly grabbed our attention. The Garmin Zumo XT sat nav is available now and we found that Sportsbikeshop appear to be offering the best price, see for yourself and look for customer reviews by clicking the button below.
We are currently putting our loan unit to the test and we will shortly be posting a full Garmin Zumo XT sat nav review on this page, but our first impressions are very good. Garmin has built on the excellent pedigree of the Zumo sat nav range and the new XT model has some brilliant new features. The ultrabright 5.5″ display will be a hot topic in our Garmin Zumo XT sat nav review, it is very easy to read and totally waterproof as you’d expect, it is also very easy to use with your motorcycle gloves on.
Another excellent feature on this new model is the adventurous routing option which does exactly what it says on the tin, it gives really clear step by step instructions on the road and it even has an off-road mode too, using clever BirdsEye Satellite Imagery technology to guide you. Of course it has all of the usual features you would expect from a sat nav and a good battery life of up to 6 hours (if you reduce the screen brightness). If you have any questions about this product or would like any particular aspects covered in our Garmin Zumo XT sat nav review, please get in touch with us via the contact page.
Here is the description and full spec from Garmin:
The rugged Zumo XT all-terrain motorcycle navigator is built for adventure. Its ultrabright 5.5″ display is glove-friendly and rain-resistant (IPX7). It can withstand all kinds of weather, extreme temperatures and vibrations. Get adventurous routes with turn-by-turn directions for on-road navigation and topographic or BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for off-road guidance — no subscription needed. Rider alerts help prepare you for sharp curves and railway crossings. Easily manage and review routes, tracks and waypoints across your navigator, smartphone and computer by using the Garmin Explore ecosystem. If you have a compatible inReach satellite communicator, the Zumo XT can pair with it for interactive SOS, two-way messaging and location sharing.
- 5.5″ ultrabright, glove-friendly display with crisp HD resolution in landscape or portrait mode
- Rain-resistant (IPX7) and built to military standard 810G for thermal and shock resistance
- Easily switch between spoken turn-by-turn directions for streets in Europe, preloaded topographic maps for Europe and global BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, so you can always have the perfect map for your ride
- Map updates included.
- Access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads and no annual subscription
- Garmin Adventurous Routing options find curvy or hilly roads for a fun and exciting riding experience
- Safety features include Bluetooth hands-free calling, rider alerts, automatic incident notifications and pairing with a compatible inReach satellite communicator (not included)
- Easily manage and review routes, tracks and waypoints across your navigator, smartphone and computer by using the Garmin Explore app ecosystem (available on App Store and Google Play)
- Record your route by using the track recorder, and save or share it for future adventures
- Access live traffic and weather, share routes with other riders, and get phone notifications via the Garmin Drive app (available summer 2020)
- Stream music from your smartphone through the Zumo XT navigator, or play MP3 files stored on your Zumo
- Includes iOverlande points of interest, TripAdvisor traveller ratings and millions of popular places, thanks to Foursquare
- Battery life up to 6 hours (3.5 hours with backlight at 100% brightness), or hard-wire for constant power
- Easily import and share GPX files using the Garmin Drive app